Today was the first day of #akbarefootpastor. I have to say I was super excited and just a bit nervous. I wasn’t sure how stores would react – would I be kicked out? I wasn’t sure if strangers would stare or if small children would point and ask. Either way I am in it for the month. So I put my socks and shoes away, grabbed my pair of SHOES THAT GROW and went about my day.
I learned A LOT today. I was aware of the ground for the first time in forever. Here are some of my observations:
- Concrete is warmer than I thought. Smoother too.
- Painted parking lines feel like cotton compared to concrete.
- The ground changes temperature in the shade, in buildings, even across a room. I never knew.
- You can get a rock stuck in your foot just like you can get one stuck in your shoe.
- When you step on something sharp it actually causes you to yelp out loud.
I also had some great conversations with complete strangers. The checker at the store was super interested in the SHOES THAT GROW. I handed out a few info cards along the way. No one called the cops while I was shopping. Overall this day was a great first day! I’m going to bed super excited about this month – and a lot less nervous.
I will add one note however – due to a family emergency I am delaying my shoelessness until the 9th of July. I will extend July into August to make a full month. I”m fully committed! Thanks in advance for your understanding this coming week.
As always – don’t forget to check out THE SHOE THAT GROWS, my ORIGINAL BLOG POST (explaining the what and why of my challenge), and the DONATION PAGE. I am doing this to raise funds for the shoes….so go and give! 🙂